Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu> on 2010/05/01 16:07:55 UTC

Move maven-plugins parent into sibling directory

Hi,

does anybody have strong objections if I would move

   maven/plugins/trunk/pom.xml

   maven/plugins/trunk/maven-plugins/pom.xml

and created a mere aggregator POM at trunk/pom.xml, thereby enabling
release of the maven-plugins parent without the need to checkout the
entire plugin suite?

Benjamin

Re: Move maven-plugins parent into sibling directory

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> I'm not totally confident in the way site plugin will generate breadcrumbs,
> but let's do it:

I made the change and my testing didn't reveal any problems with either
the breadcrumbs or the inheritance/calculation of the site/distribution
URLs so I think we're good.

We're already using such a setup over at Mojo and I'm not aware of
issues with it either.

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ar...@exoplatform.com>.
+1 with the same doubt about the site plugin behavior which has to be fixed
if it doesn't work.

Arnaud Héritier
Software Factory Manager
eXo platform - http://www.exoplatform.com
---
http://www.aheritier.net

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+1

On 02/05/2010, at 12:07 AM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anybody have strong objections if I would move
>
>  maven/plugins/trunk/pom.xml

>  maven/plugins/trunk/maven-plugins/pom.xml
>
> and created a mere aggregator POM at trunk/pom.xml, thereby enabling release of the maven-plugins parent without the need to checkout the entire plugin suite?
>

> Benjamin

Brett Porter
brett@apache.org
http://brettporter.wordpress.com/

Re: Move maven-plugins parent into sibling directory

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1

2010/5/1 Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>:
> Hi,
>
> does anybody have strong objections if I would move
>
>  maven/plugins/trunk/pom.xml

>  maven/plugins/trunk/maven-plugins/pom.xml
>
> and created a mere aggregator POM at trunk/pom.xml, thereby enabling release
> of the maven-plugins parent without the need to checkout the entire plugin
> suite?
>

> Benjamin

Olivier
http://twitter.com/olamy