Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Tom Brown <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/13 17:59:37 UTC

Need to track delivery success by domain

My company sends quite a bit of email and we need to track delivery
success rates by domain. We would like to use JAMES as our primary
MTA, but we must have this feature (if it exists, great! Otherwise we
will build it somehow).

We need to know how many delivery attempts were made to any specific
domain during the last 24 hours, and how many of those were successful
(or failures).

I did not see anything like this in the documenation, but I might have
missed something.  Is there anything existing for JAMES that would
allow me to track this information?

Thanks in advance,
Tom Brown

Re: Need to track delivery success by domain

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
There is nothing similar builtin.
You probably want to hack/extend RemoteDelivery for this (it is the only
class aware of retries).

Stefano