Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Luke Driscoll <lu...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/08 15:58:36 UTC

_all_docs stale?

Hi,
I'm having an interesting problem.  I'm performing a basic save on a
document, that changes one or two fields, then I'm loading that document,
along with about 12 others, using _all_docs with a list of keys.  What's odd
is it seems that the _all_docs returns a stale version of my object, about
half of the time.  Is it possible that _all_docs, being a special view,
always has stale=ok enabled (I've not set stale=ok)?

I'm running on 1.0.1

Thanks in advance,
Luke

Re: _all_docs stale?

Posted by Luke Driscoll <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 10:43, Luke Driscoll <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 10:22, Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Luke Driscoll <lu...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I'm having an interesting problem.  I'm performing a basic save on a
>> > document, that changes one or two fields, then I'm loading that
>> document,
>> > along with about 12 others, using _all_docs with a list of keys.  What's
>> odd
>> > is it seems that the _all_docs returns a stale version of my object,
>> about
>> > half of the time.  Is it possible that _all_docs, being a special view,
>> > always has stale=ok enabled (I've not set stale=ok)?
>> >
>> > I'm running on 1.0.1
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance,
>> > Luke
>> >

>> Try opening the doc with conflicts=true.
>>

> Thanks, I'll give that a go.

*Sigh* user error again - Thanks for the help.

Re: _all_docs stale?

Posted by Luke Driscoll <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: _all_docs stale?

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: _all_docs stale?

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.
_all_docs is never stale, it's the b-tree we use to find your docs.