Posted to dev@yunikorn.apache.org by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org> on 2022/01/04 05:20:40 UTC

[DISCUSS] Graduate YuniKorn from Apache Incubator

Hi, yunikorn community

Happy new year!! I hope you all have an excellent start in 2022.

YuniKorn started incubating in ASF on Jan/21/2020, and the project has been
incredibly well managed and maintained by the community in almost 2 years
under ASF now. There were 5 releases published in a good cadence, i.e v0.8,
v0.9, v0.10, v0,11, and v0.12. The community works closely together to
build better open-source software and is committed to success together.
Since incubating in ASF, the project has:

   - Added 2 new mentors, 8 new committers, 2 new PPMC from 6 different
   organizations [1].
   - Published 5 releases by 5 different release managers [2]
   - Regular bi-weekly/weekly community meetings for 2 different timezones,
   meeting minutes recorded here [3]
   - Leveraged mailing list and slack channel for various offline
   discussions, i.e user/dev groups
   - The community co-operates the YouTube channel, with many demo/intro
   videos published [4]

Now the project has 6 mentors, 21 PPMC, and 27 committers from 14 different
organizations. I have enough reasons to believe the project has done
sustainable development successfully in the Apache way. Thanks to all the
mentors, committers, release managers, contributors, and evangelists!!! I
have reviewed the Apache maturity doc, I don’t see anything that blocks us
from graduating from the incubator. Therefore, I want to raise this
discussion in the community, appreciate your feedback!!

[1] https://incubator.apache.org/projects/yunikorn.html

[2] https://yunikorn.apache.org/community/download

[3]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/165gzC7uhcKc5XDWiMYSRKBiPQBy2tDtXADUPuhGlUa0

[4] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDSJ2z-lEZcjdK27tTj_hGw

Thanks!

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate YuniKorn from Apache Incubator

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org>.
Thank you all.
I think I got enough positive feedback, I will go ahead with the next
step:  Community Graduation Vote.
Thank you all for participating in the discussion. BTW, there are a few
things lined up for preparing the process, I think we can create a JIRA
umbrella to track and make sure they can all be done by time.

Posted by Chenya Zhang <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chaoran Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.