Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Roman Khachatryan <ro...@apache.org> on 2021/03/01 08:48:23 UTC

[DISCUSS] Splitting User support mailing list

Hi everyone,

I'd like to propose to extract several "sub-lists" from our user mailing
list (user@flink.apache.org).

For example,
- user-sql@flink.a.o (Python)
- user-statefun@f.a.o (StateFun)
- user-py@f.a.o. (SQL/TableAPI)
And user@flink.apache.org will remain the main or "default" list.

That would improve the quality and speed of the answers and allow
developers to concentrate on the relevant topics.

At the downside, this would lessen the exposure to the various Flink areas
for lists maintainers.

What do you think?

Regards,
Roman

Re: [DISCUSS] Splitting User support mailing list

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
-1 for splitting user list to areas in Flink.

As Robert and others have chimed in, we could have separate user list for
sub projects in Flink, like statefun

- Henry

Posted by Roman Khachatryan <ro...@apache.org>.
Thanks Robert,

Posted by Roman Khachatryan <ro...@apache.org>.
@tzulitai@apache.org <tz...@apache.org>
> instead of splitting into “sub-lists”, we should simply have dedicated
“sub-topic maintainers” assigned.
I think this could also work, but some mails may fall between the filters.

@igal@ververica.com <ig...@ververica.com>
I guess the previous decision about StateFun ML was made in a bit different
context: no other sub-lists and no data about the list.

Regards,
Roman

Posted by Igal Shilman <ig...@ververica.com>.
Hi Roman,