Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Huisman <ch...@telusplanet.net> on 2001/10/18 06:47:02 UTC

mod_webapp.so problems

Hello,

I am having difficulties getting mod_webapp.so to work.  After adding
LoadModule, and AddModule to the config file, and running apachectl
configtest I get the following results:

Syntax error on line 237 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexex/apache/mod_webapp.so into server:
Cannot open "/usr/local/libexex/apache/mod_webapp.so"

I don't understand why this is occuring.  Does anybody know?

Thanks,
Chris.

Re: mod_webapp.so problems

Posted by "Lloyd H. Meinholz" <me...@bmpcoe.org>.
Could it be a typo in httpd.conf, libexec not libexex? Or is the typo in
your post?

Lloyd

Re: mod_webapp.so problems

Posted by Chris Gokey <cg...@gcmd.gsfc.nasa.gov>.
Chris Huisman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having difficulties getting mod_webapp.so to work.  After adding
> LoadModule, and AddModule to the config file, and running apachectl
> configtest I get the following results:
>
> Syntax error on line 237 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/libexex/apache/mod_webapp.so into server:
> Cannot open "/usr/local/libexex/apache/mod_webapp.so"

Looks like a mispelling and a messed up path...  It should be looking
for mod_webapp in some place like  this:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Which requires a line something like this in your httpd.conf file:
LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
Chris

> I don't understand why this is occuring.  Does anybody know?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris.

/\

	           \
\_| Christopher D. Gokey, SSAI, NASA/GCMD          |
   | 18 Martin Road, Shelburne Falls, MA  01370     |
   | Phone: Voice (413) 625-8129 / FAX 208-248-9055 |
   | cgokey@gcmd.nasa.gov / http://gcmd.nasa.gov    |
   | ICQ #52132386, AOL IM: chrisgokey              |
    \_/______________________________________________/

Re: mod_webapp.so problems

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Chris Huisman at chuisman@telusplanet.net wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having difficulties getting mod_webapp.so to work.  After adding
> LoadModule, and AddModule to the config file, and running apachectl
> configtest I get the following results:
>
> Syntax error on line 237 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/libexex/apache/mod_webapp.so into server:
> Cannot open "/usr/local/libexex/apache/mod_webapp.so"
>
> I don't understand why this is occuring.  Does anybody know?

It's "libexec" not "libexex"...

    Pier