Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Wang, Yuhang M" <Yu...@ca.com> on 2004/02/06 01:44:28 UTC

JDBCStore with multiple users

Hi,

I have slide setup with JDBCStore, the code had a comment saying that it
only uses 1 database connection.
So will Slide with JDBCStore work with multiple users?

Thanks

Mark

Re: JDBCStore with multiple users

Posted by Emiliano Heyns <em...@iris-advies.nl>.
On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 07:44:28PM -0500, Wang, Yuhang M wrote:

> I have slide setup with JDBCStore, the code had a comment saying that it
> only uses 1 database connection.
> So will Slide with JDBCStore work with multiple users?

Yes. Having only one database connection (I assume it was meant to say
only a single username/password logging into the database) is pretty
typical for a servlet. The servlet implements its own access control,
separate from the databases' access control, and having an account for
each Slide user would mean more hassle (you have to create/delete DB
accounts) and would only work as long as you're getting the password in
cleartext (which is against the DAV spec -- not that that's stopping
people).

--
Emiliano

Re: JDBCStore with multiple users

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
"Wang, Yuhang M" <Yu...@ca.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have slide setup with JDBCStore, the code had a comment saying that it
> only uses 1 database connection.
> So will Slide with JDBCStore work with multiple users?

Yes, but concurrent write operations scale bad. In slide 2.0 it will be
replaced by a store which should scale much better.

Martin