Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Eric Rotick <pc...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/01 13:55:52 UTC

Problems settings up

I'm having some problems getting Archiva to work and just wondered if I'm
missing anything. I'm using 1.0.1 standalone.

I followed the install guide but I think there is an error when it says to
move the conf and data directories. I had to move the conf directory back
otherwise it wasn't being picked up even with PLEXUS_BASE being set.

Now that the UI is running I can see that the data, logs and temp
directories are all being used so PLEXUS_BASE seems to be working for that.

I've now changed the Maven setting.xml as suggested to proxy all requests
and Maven is using the new mirror setting but Archiva show no traffic in the
logs and nothing is downloaded.

I've searched the mail lists and found some threads which suggest that the
mirror id needs proxy in it but that no effect and the thread was old.

I've found another thread that says to change the guest account to be an
observer which I've done but it had no effect and also no entries in the
log.

Archiva is obviously working for lots of users so I must be missing
something. It's as if there is a big chunk of documentation missing.

Any ideas?

Eric.