Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Boris Aleksandrovsky <ba...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/28 22:06:24 UTC

header/footer identification and general scaping tools

I was wondering if any of you know of any open-source solutions for general
issues which arise in web crawling - how do you remove
headers/footers/javascript and generally cleanup html of a web-page before
indexing? We have a first-pass solution implemented using custom code, but
this must be a problem which a lot of people face, so I am asking here.

Thanks,
Boris

Re: header/footer identification and general scaping tools

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.
Boris, you might wanna look at http://code.google.com/p/boilerpipe/

simon

Posted by Boris Aleksandrovsky <ba...@gmail.com>.