Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "spencer.c" <sp...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/25 20:28:25 UTC

Internationalizing Paragraphs w/ Links

If we have a link that is in the body of a paragraph, what is the best way to
internationalize the entire paragraph?  As far as I can tell, we would have
to define 3 key/value pairs, ie. before.link.text, link.text,
after.link.text and define the values for each in the properties file(s).

Is that the simplest approach?  It doesn't seem to scale if you have a
paragraph with 3 or 4 links in it, so I just wanted to see if there was an
easier way to go about it.

Re: Internationalizing Paragraphs w/ Links

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
you have to do what a wiki does, define the whole paragraph as a
property file and have some special ways to invoke links, for example
something like this:

add(new InternationalizedLabel("label", new ResourceModel("para") {
  onclick(int index) {
    if (index==1)....
 }

with para defined as

para=What [ever] is inside square [brackets] becomes a link
[accessible by its index]

the insides are left as an exercise to the reader :)

-igor