Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Lucas Galfaso <lg...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/25 04:32:00 UTC

Tomcat 6 and Java 5 syntax

Hi,
  I am looking at the Tomcat 6 code and checking out the the
possibility of collaborating with the project, and one thing that pops
up is that the entire code base is not using Java 5 syntax. Was this
syntax avoided for a specific reason?

Regards,
  lg

Re: Tomcat 6 and Java 5 syntax

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Lucas Galfaso wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am looking at the Tomcat 6 code and checking out the the
> possibility of collaborating with the project, and one thing that pops
> up is that the entire code base is not using Java 5 syntax. Was this
> syntax avoided for a specific reason?

The code is based on (actually copied from) Tomcat 5. TC5 required JDK
1.4. Java 5 syntax is added as we develop new features or fix bugs.

Mark