Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Carlos <li...@lpis.com> on 2002/07/22 18:32:15 UTC

apache and tomcat in suse 8

i am usin resin  for my jsp app but i am tring to use tomcat for pass my all
app to tomcat.
i am using suse 8
i am read the doc but in one week i am not run the apache and tomcat in the
port 80, always my tomcat answer in the 8080 port aant in the default
instalation dir.

my question:
1.- my suse has installed the tomcat in /opt/jakarta and the docs (jsp
pages) in the /opt/jakarta/webapps/ROOT
how can i say to the tomcat that the webpages (jsp) are in the
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs dir?

2.- always my tomcat answer in the 8080 por and the apache in the 80 and i
want the the 80 port answer the jsp pages (http://localhost and not
http://localhost:8080)
how can i solve this problem?

in my httpd.conf file there is:
Include /opt/jakarta/conf/tomcat.conf
and in the tomcat.conf:
WebAppConnection tomcat warp localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy examples    tomcat /examples
WebAppInfo    /webapp-info
<Location "/examples/WEB-INF/">
AllowOverride None
deny from all