Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2018/03/25 15:33:02 UTC

maven-compiler-plugin master build

Hi to all,

does someone has an idea about the reason why master of maven-compiler
plugin is RED ?

I wanted to update some parts related to JDK 10 and want to make a
release but based on the RED master I won't do so..

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: maven-compiler-plugin master build

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

On 25/03/18 23:10, Robert Scholte wrote:
> I agree that the ITs for groovy-project-with-new-plexus-compiler and
> MCOMPILER-197 only work for pre Java 9.

> Looks like OpenJPA and the GroovyCompiler are not Java 9 compatible. Not
> really a maven-compiler-plugin issue, those IT's should show that the
> compiler-plugin can handle jpa annotation processing and switching to a
> different compiler.
>
> The solution for MCOMPILER-197 has resulted in quite an ugly

> verification script, but maybe that's the best for now. I really hope we
> can improve something in the Jenkins scripts, there are probably more
> ITs suffering with similar issues.

You meant MCOMPILER-192..

But the word I had in mind sounds very similar to "ugly" ..;-)

> I noticed there's a JDK 10 (latest) available, I'll add that one to the
> default JDKs to test with.

Yes that should be done also...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise