Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Glen Stormbind <gl...@nuws.net> on 2002/09/19 18:39:59 UTC

[users@httpd] random error/corrupted config

Just when I thought everything was going to be fine :(

After working fine for many thousands of requests, Apache2 has gone
beserk and is now randomly denying access to AccessFiles which is in
turn causing other errors.

Apache 2.0.40/Win32 - I had problems in WinXP with .htaccess files
(error: file has no name) so they are called ht.access instead

Extract from Apache2 error.log:

[Thu Sep 19 17:13:39 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by
server configuration: D:/localhost/path_info/ht.access, referer:
http://localhost/path_info/hardware.article/000,000,000.html?PAGE1

I find this odd because apart from being in the same directory, the html
file makes no reference to ht.access. I restarted the server but that
changed nothing.

Here's an extract from httpd.conf:

AccessFileName ht.access

<Files ~ "^ht\.">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
</Files>

<Directory "D:/localhost">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes
    AllowOverride Options FileInfo
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Here's the ht.access:

Options +Includes
SetOutputFilter INCLUDES
AcceptPathInfo on

AddType text/html .article
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .article

Everything looks fine to me :(

Re: [users@httpd] random error/corrupted config

Posted by Glen Stormbind <gl...@nuws.net>.
Reply to my own message:

I moved the included files referenced in
http://localhost/path_info/hardware.article/000,000,000.html?PAGE1 to a
new location that doesn't have an AccessFile and all the random
error.log messages have stopped!

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Glen Stormbind wrote:
> Apache 2.0.40/Win32 - I had problems in WinXP with .htaccess files
> (error: file has no name) so they are called ht.access instead

There should not be any problem having them named .htaccess under WindowsXP.
The only problem is that Windows Explorer don't like you to rename a file to
it, and NotePad also dislike you naming a file .htaccess. But then, who uses
NotePad? Any other decent editor (www.editplus.com, hint hint ;) will let
you name files such as ".htaccess".

Regards,
Robert Andersson