Posted to log4php-user@logging.apache.org by Lst Recv <li...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/24 23:18:05 UTC

Using the same config for log4php and log4perl

I have an app that uses components written in both PHP and Perl.

Is there anyway I can use the same log4 config file for both of them,
use the same (file) appenders and patterns, etc.?  How?

Re: Using the same config for log4php and log4perl

Posted by "Marco V." <ma...@apache.org>.
>I have an app that uses components written in both PHP and Perl.

>Is there anyway I can use the same log4 config file for both of them,
>use the same (file) appenders and patterns, etc.?  How?

Log4php uses the same log4j configuration file ( xml and .properties) with some limitations:

1. nested appenders are not supported.
2. only a subset of appenders are implemented.

-Marco