Posted to droids-dev@incubator.apache.org by Chris Male <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/22 10:02:45 UTC

Stoppable Droids

Hi,

I have just done a quick scan of archives and I haven't found anything
related to how to stop a droid which has tasks still pending.  Is there a
way to do this implemented currently? If not, what way do people feel it
should be done? Should it be the responsibility of the Droid itself? its
TaskMaster? its TaskQueue or somewhere else?

Thanks
Chris

Re: Stoppable Droids

Posted by Mingfai <mi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Chris Male <ge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just done a quick scan of archives and I haven't found anything
> related to how to stop a droid which has tasks still pending.  Is there a
> way to do this implemented currently? If not, what way do people feel it
> should be done? Should it be the responsibility of the Droid itself? its
> TaskMaster? its TaskQueue or somewhere else?
>
> Thanks
> Chris

There is a PausableTaskMaster interface that allow you to pause(). The only
implementation is MultiThreadedTaskMaster, but if you want to use it, you
may need to debug it coz it has memory leak in my test.

regards,
mingfai