Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rick Tessner <ri...@dingle.myra.com> on 2001/01/17 19:37:23 UTC

C2: esql, connection pooling & database shutdowns

Hello All!

I'm using the esql taglib with connection pooling under Cocoon2.

Now, I'm not too familiar with connection pooling (conceptually
yes, how to implement and error recovery issues, no).

I'm just wondering about behavior when the database that has had a
connection pool established with it is shutdown and restarted.  Should
the connection pool simply notice this and re-estabilish connections or
throw exceptions? (I'm currently getting a NullPointerException when
the database is shutdown and restarted but the servlet engine remains
up... I can send more details if required)

Or, is there some handling that typically gets done in an XSP to deal
with this?  Is it something that the esql taglib would need to
deal with?  Cocoon2 itself?  Just the way it is?

--
Rick Tessner	rick@myra.com
MYRA Systems Corp. Fone: (250) 381 1335 x125  Phax: (250) 381 1304

"Hmmm.  They have the Internet on computers now!"