Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Andrew Broderick <ab...@peak6u.com> on 2008/04/01 22:39:29 UTC

refreshing page

Hi,

I'm sure this is a basic newbie lack of knowledge showing here, but when I save some data to my DB from my wicket page (adding an object), my master (list) page is not updated. Okay, I thought, maybe I just need to modify the model at the same time as saving it. So I did that, and the new row still does not appear. How do I tell Wicket to do a "deep" refresh of the page, and not just redisplay the existing contents?

Thanks

The  information in this email or in any file attached
hereto is intended only for the personal and confiden-
tial  use  of  the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is  propri-
etary  and  confidential.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this message you are hereby notified that
any  review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited.  This  communica-
tion  is  for information purposes only and should not
be regarded as an offer to sell or as  a  solicitation
of an offer to buy any financial product. Email trans-
mission cannot be guaranteed to be  secure  or  error-
free. P6070214

Re: refreshing page

Posted by Scott Swank <sc...@gmail.com>.
My guess is that you are using a static model like "new
Model(someDomainObject)" when you need to use a dynamic model.  See:

http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/working-with-wicket-models.html

- Scott

Re: refreshing page

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
in soviet wicket the page calls you!

yes, read the models link given to you below.

-igor

RE: refreshing page

Posted by Andrew Broderick <ab...@peak6u.com>.

Re: refreshing page

Posted by Maurice Marrink <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: refreshing page

Posted by Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com>.
Really need some code to see exactly what you're doing wrong here.

Wicket uses models to bind your view components to your actual data.

Assuming you're using a ListView, you'll need something like:

IModel model = new AbstractReadOnlyModel() {
    public Object getObject() {
        // Database query here, e.g:
        List<Product> products = productDao.findByStatus(Status.LIVE);
        return products;
    }
};
add(new ListView("foo", model) {
    void populateItem(ListItem item) {
        Product product = (Product)item.getModelObject();
        item.add(new Label("name", product.getName()));
    }
});

This model lets you pull stuff on-demand out of your database every time the
page is rendered. The ListView by default will recreate its entire set of
items every page render. You can change this behaviour with
#setReuseItems(true), but you probably don't want to for this. ;-)

Make sense?

Regards,

Al