Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Joel Carklin <jo...@innoforge.com> on 2004/06/25 10:26:04 UTC

operation description is missing parameter description!

Hi, I'm a newbie to web services.
Does anyone have any experience with this problem:
A org.xml.sax.SAXException: operation description is missing parameter
description!

It is thrown when I call a specific method on the axis server at the
axisServer.invoke(msgContext) method. Other methods called on this
server work fine, this is the first to give this problem. The only real
difference between them, as far as I can tell, is that this method
contains a org.apache.axis.types.PositiveInteger type as one of the
parameters, whereas the others do not. Whether or not this has anything
to do with the error I can't tell.

Looking through the archives I found one other person who had this
problem (James Black, 2003-01-23), but the issue doesn't seem to have
ever been resolved?

Thanks
Joel

RE: operation description is missing parameter description!

Posted by Sandeep <sa...@binghamton.edu>.
Could you send the operation signature along with the client code? That will
help bringing down the error you might be hitting.

Sandeep Advani
Grid Research Lab, Binghamton University