Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pedro Alvarez <pe...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/07 20:29:48 UTC

Help with Maven

Hello

I hope you are ok.

I would like to ask you a question

I installed subclipse and maven in mswindows and in ubuntu.
I can checkout a branch from the svn repository and I can import an
existing maven project when I am working in ubuntu,
When I am working in MS Windows I can checkout a branch from the svn
repository but when I want to importl an existing maven project  it last...
well I dont know how much It last to show me the availables POMs.

What can I do to reduce that time in mswindows if it is possible?

Attached is the windows where I am trying to import a maven project. At the
moment when I attached the file the import process had been running for
about 4 ours.

Thanks a lot.

Pedro Alvarez

Re: Help with Maven

Posted by Curtis Rueden <ct...@wisc.edu>.
Hi Pedro,

> What can I do to reduce that time in mswindows if it is possible?

It sounds like you are using Eclipse. Are you using the latest Eclipse 4.2
for Java developers?

If so, I agree that "File > Import > Existing Maven Projects" is the way to
go, after checking out your SVN branch separately. (It can help to isolate
where the problem is to separate the steps.)

If you need further assistance, you'd best ask on the M2E mailing list [1],
since this is really an issue with M2E (the Eclipse Maven plugin).

Regards,
Curtis