Posted to user@ant.apache.org by David Bates <da...@triggersoft.com> on 2006/06/08 10:02:13 UTC

Multiple directories

I have the following target:

  <target name="backup" description="Backup existing application">

    <tstamp>

      <format property="deployment.start" pattern="yyyy-MM-dd_HHmm"/>

    </tstamp>

    <zip destfile="${backup.dir}/${deployment.start}.zip">

      <zipfileset dir="${backup.frontend.dir}" prefix="Frontend Files"/>

      <zipfileset dir="${backup.backend.dir}" prefix="Backend Files"/>

    </zip>

  </target>

I run this prior to doing a deployment to ensure we have a backup of
what was on the server in case everything goes wrong.

The property "backup.backend.dir" comes from a property file.  The
problem is that I use this script on several different servers and on
some servers several directories need to be backed up.  For example, on
our Live server I need to backup servers/MyApp.  However, on our User
Acceptance Testing server we have several instances of the application
and all these need to be backed up: servers/MyApp1, servers/MyApp2,
servers/MyApp3.

Is there a neat way of doing this?

  e.g. backup.backend.dir=servers/MyApp1:servers/MyApp2:servers/MyApp3

  or backup.backend.dir=servers/MyApp*

Cheers again,

David.

Re: Multiple directories

Posted by Ben Stringer <be...@burbong.com>.
On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 09:02 +0100, David Bates wrote:
> I have the following target:
>

>   <target name="backup" description="Backup existing application">
>
>     <tstamp>
>
>       <format property="deployment.start" pattern="yyyy-MM-dd_HHmm"/>
>
>     </tstamp>
>

>     <zip destfile="${backup.dir}/${deployment.start}.zip">
>
>       <zipfileset dir="${backup.frontend.dir}" prefix="Frontend Files"/>
>
>       <zipfileset dir="${backup.backend.dir}" prefix="Backend Files"/>
>
>     </zip>
>
>   </target>
>

> I run this prior to doing a deployment to ensure we have a backup of
> what was on the server in case everything goes wrong.
>

> The property "backup.backend.dir" comes from a property file.  The
> problem is that I use this script on several different servers and on
> some servers several directories need to be backed up.  For example, on
> our Live server I need to backup servers/MyApp.  However, on our User
> Acceptance Testing server we have several instances of the application
> and all these need to be backed up: servers/MyApp1, servers/MyApp2,
> servers/MyApp3.
>

> Is there a neat way of doing this?
>

>   e.g. backup.backend.dir=servers/MyApp1:servers/MyApp2:servers/MyApp3
>
>   or backup.backend.dir=servers/MyApp*

I'd suggest in the properties file:

backup.backend.dir=servers

...then in the build.xml...

<zipfileset dir="${backup.backend.dir}/MyApp*" prefix="Backend Files"/>

Cheers, Ben