Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by 이희승 (Trustin Lee) <t...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/11 12:28:53 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache MINA 1.0.10 and 1.1.7

Hi folks,

We have fixed 8 issues in 1.0.10 and 1.1.7 since 1.0.9 and 1.1.6:

DIRMINA-549 Inconsistency in managed session set under heavy load
DIRMINA-530 Compression filter - trivial bug fix and fix for use with SSL
DIRMINA-561 Socket.setReceiveBufferSize() called after bind preventing
correct TCP receive window scaling
DIRMINA-536 TextLineDecoder throws an IndexOutOfBoundsException
DIRMINA-543 Incorrect sessionCreated event order in VmPipe transport
DIRMINA-523 Default thread model should be created laziliy
DIRMINA-560 SocketSessionConfigImpl IPv4 localhost TEST_ADDRESS causes
server to hang
DIRMINA-540 An exception raised by IoServiceListener can lead to
unexpected behavior of MINA core.

All fixes have been applied to both branch without any difference.  The
two releases we are going to cut are basically backward-compatible bug
fix releases, so I don't see any reason to postpone them.

Let's hope this is the last vote for 1.x releases.  :)

[ ]: +1, release
[ ]: 0, abstain
[ ]: -1, don't release

Cheers,
--
Trustin Lee - Principal Software Engineer, JBoss, Red Hat
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MINA 1.0.10 and 1.1.7

Posted by Steve Johns <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 bind

Posted by MK Tan <mk...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@gmail.com>.
Not sure if I have a vote, but +1 from me! :)
Thanks,
Sangjin

Posted by Niklas Therning <ni...@trillian.se>.
[X]: +1, release

/Niklas

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MINA 1.0.10 and 1.1.7

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julien,

sorry for being a little bit formal here, but you know that your
answer is not correct ...

Anyways, I also know that you were using humor, so forgive me for
having been formal ;)

That being said, I certainly won't -1 this release, but I really would
like to see the next releases to follow some more strict rules
(revision numbers, downloadable binaries, etc.)

Of course, all this could be discussed.

ATM, +1 for the release !

And congrat, btw !

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 8:57 AM,  <jv...@archean.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We all know it's the current branche code ;)
>
> Just checkout and test it !
>
> Julien
>
> +1 for the release
>

> > I also like the idea of specifying the revision number for the releases...
> > Thanks,
> > Sangjin
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 8:14 AM, "ÀÌÈñ½Â (Trustin Lee) <tr...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >>  The
> >> bug

> >> should
> >> be

> >> Yeah, I also tried that approach once, but was too lazy to do it once
> >> again. :)  Let me upload snapshot build and specify revision number
> >> soon...
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> --
> >> Trustin Lee - Principal Software Engineer, JBoss, Red Hat
> >> --
> >> what we call human nature is actually human habit
> >> --
> >> http://gleamynode.net/

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MINA 1.0.10 and 1.1.7

Posted by jv...@archean.fr.

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 이희승 (Trustin Lee) <t...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:28 PM, "이희승 (Trustin Lee) <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  All fixes have been applied to both branch without any difference.  The
>>  two releases we are going to cut are basically backward-compatible bug
>>  fix releases, so I don't see any reason to postpone them.
>>
>>  Let's hope this is the last vote for 1.x releases.  :)
>>

> Are the binaries available for review? If possible, I would prefer to
> be able to review the binaries before casting my vote.
>
> /niklas

Yeah, that would be cool to have.

Also David Jencks on Directory project suggested that every vote should
be related to at least a revision number, otherwise we have no way to be
sure what we are working on. I know we never did it before, but I just
mention it because it seems sane to do so.

wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MINA 1.0.10 and 1.1.7

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
"이희승 (Trustin Lee) <tr...@gmail.com>" wrote:
> FYI, as requested:
>
> Revision number - 647053
> Tarballs - http://people.apache.org/~trustin/snapshot/
>
> Let me extend the vote to 72hrs from now to give you more time to review
> the release.

Hi Trustin,

you may release without waiting for 72 more hours. I don't think you got
any -1 so far.

Btw, thanks for the binaries and rev number !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MINA 1.0.10 and 1.1.7

Posted by Mike Heath <mh...@apache.org>.
+1  Looks good.

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.
+1 for me.  I have not done much with the 1.x branches in a while but
looking at the fixes I see no reason not to release.

--
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MINA 1.0.10 and 1.1.7

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Thanks Trustin! Looks good on both releases. +1

/niklas

Posted by 이희승 (Trustin Lee) <t...@gmail.com>.
FYI, as requested: