Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Abhijat Thakur <at...@bdnacorp.com> on 2002/12/11 21:18:09 UTC

embedding tomcat SSL in java application

Hi,

I am trying to embed a Tomcat inside our java application. I am able to start up tomcat on port 8080. However when i am trying to start up Tomcat with SSL on port 8443 i am unable to do so. I dont get any error on standard output being generated by tomcat.However when i go to the browser and type https://localhost:8443 nothing happens and it just tries to open the page. The code snippet is given. Here embedded is an instance of Embedded Class.

Connector connector =    embedded.createConnector(null, 8080, false);
embedded.addConnector(connector);

    SSLServerSocketFactory sslSocket = new SSLServerSocketFactory();
    sslSocket.setAlgorithm("RSA");
    sslSocket.setKeystoreFile("C:/src/bdna/conf/.keystore");
    Connector sslConnector = embedded.createConnector(null, 8443, true);
    sslConnector.setScheme("https");
    sslConnector.setSecure(true);
    sslConnector.setFactory(sslSocket);
    embedded.addConnector(sslConnector);