Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/01 22:46:32 UTC

Pulling out plugins

So Herm and I have been working towards getting core plugins
plugman compatible and ripping out plugins from cordova-ios and
cordova-android.

The Device Motion Plugin is looking pretty good and I have started work on
device-orientation and geolocation.
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-plugin-device-motion.git;a=summary

I have also pushed branches to both cordova-ios and cordova-android that
are the first steps toward gutting out plugins.

Both branches are labeled 3.0.0 for now. cordova-ios has all referecens to
CDVAccelerometer removed and cordova-android has most of the plugins
already removed.

Next step is to do a similar branch for cordova-js with code that is going
into plugins ripped out.

We have been using a script to automate the plugin installation with the
modified versions of cordova-ios + cordova-android. You can view the script
at https://github.com/brianleroux/plugin-breakout-release-test-harness

Feel free to chime in with any thoughts or concerns!

-Steve

Re: Pulling out plugins

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
Looking solid Steve ---thanks for the heads up. I reccomend those
vested in iOS and Android to keep an eye on the 3.0 branches for stuff
that will look ugly when we get there.