Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com> on 2003/07/21 15:29:14 UTC

OJB + JDORI bytecode enhancer

Anyone know the politics of writing an Ant task wrapper around the
JDORI bytecode enhancer utility? I know TJDO did it via System calls
rather than using the JDORI API directly - not sure why.

It seems to me that an Ant task that generated .jdo files from the OJB
repository, and then went ahead and enhanced them using the JDORI
enhancer would be much easier than the current "specify every single
.jdo and .class file on the command line" requirements of the Sun
enhancer.

On a related note, apparently Craig Russell "started the process" to
change the license to allow commercial use of the JDORI back in June.
Hopefully this involves a simple decision by one entity not a whole JSR
review process ;-)

-Brian