Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Matthew Griffore <mg...@duke-energy.com> on 2005/01/21 17:08:20 UTC

Configuration File Issues

I have created a component to abstract the logging functionality of log4net.
For ease, we'll call this component, 'Foo.dll'.

'Foo.dll', is used in all applications for logging. A static method is
called for each logging statement.

I am trying to figure out how to configure the log4net logger through
'Foo.dll'. I have created a configuration file named 'Foo.dll.log4net'. I
have placed the following code in the AsemblyInfo class of 'Foo.dll':

[assembly:log4net.Config.DOMConfigurator(ConfigFile="Foo.dll.log4net",
		ConfigFileExtension="log4net",Watch=true)]

BTW, is this the correct syntax for specifying the configuration file?

I am confused as to where I must place the Foo.dll.log4net configuration
file. Within the parent application's project or target directory? With the
'Foo.dll' assembly? Log4net?

Matthew Griffore