Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sandeep Gupta <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/24 07:22:12 UTC

Difference in Maven release:prepare and install jars when using jython

Hi,

I am using Maven 3.0.4 along with Jython 2.5.2 and Pygments 1.5 (via an
egg). I have configured the jython-compile-maven-plugin as,

<plugin>
<groupId>net.sf.mavenjython</groupId>
<artifactId>jython-compile-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.2</version>
<executions>
    <execution>
        <phase>package</phase>
        <goals>
            <goal>jython</goal>
        </goals>
    </execution>
</executions>
<configuration>
    <libraries>
        <!-- Install the latest pygments library -->
        <param>Pygments</param>
    </libraries>
</configuration>

 Running *mvn install* the created JAR contains the *Pygments* library
embedded inside in a *Lib* folder. This makes sure that all my code works
fine.

The problem starts when I run a *mvn release:prepare* command. In this
case, only my code gets inside the JAR, and the *Pygments* library gets
left out. If I take a look inside the *target/classes* folder, it contains
both my code and the needed pygments library.

Any idea on what I may be missing or doing wrong?

I have also posted the question to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11623619/difference-in-maven-releaseprepare-and-install-jars-when-using-jython
Regards,
Sandeep Gupta

Re: Difference in Maven release:prepare and install jars when using jython

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> <groupId>net.sf.mavenjython</groupId>
> <artifactId>jython-compile-maven-plugin</artifactId>

You probably need to find someone else in the world who is using this
plugin and see if they can give you specific help with it. Possibly
even the author of the plugin.

BTW I searched Github and found zero hits for
"jython-compile-maven-plugin" which is not a good sign.

Wayne