Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Octavian Covalschi <oc...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/14 23:10:17 UTC

Semantic autocomplete with Solr

Hey guys,

Has anyone done any kind of "smart" autocomplete? Let's say we have a web
store, and we'd like to autocomplete user's searches. So if I'll type in
"jacket" next word that will be suggested should be something related to
jacket (color, fabric) etc...

It seems to me I have to structure this data in a particular way, but that
way I can do without solr, so I was wondering if Solr could help us.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Semantic autocomplete with Solr

Posted by Octavian Covalschi <oc...@gmail.com>.
Thank you! I'll check them out.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect

Posted by Roman Chyla <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Octavian Covalschi <oc...@gmail.com>.
Hm... I used it for some basic group by feature, but haven't thought of it
for autocomplete. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks!

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@hoplahup.net>.
facetting?