Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Zmaj <mu...@gmx.de> on 2007/08/15 15:50:09 UTC

resolving organisation names with dots && m2compatible

Hi,

i have a question about  resolving organisation names with dots.
We have a private repository made from inbiblio with the install ivy task
and
some organisation names have dots. e.g
<ivy:install organisation="org.codehaus.xfire" module="xfire-all"
revision="1.2.6" transitive="true"
   overwrite="true" from="ibiblio" to="shared"/>

Our url resolver for shared had m2compatible set to true and the problem was
that
org.codehaus.xfire was translated to org/codehaus/xfire and the module was
not found.
After removing m2compatible the module was found.

But lets say we want provide pom and ivy files one day, is this possible ?
Can the translation of organisation names be avoided in another way so the
m2compatible can be set to true ...
or do i mix something up here  ? %-|
thanks
ivan

Re: resolving organisation names with dots && m2compatible

Posted by Jing Xue <ji...@digizenstudio.com>.
Quoting Zmaj <mu...@gmx.de>:

> But lets say we want provide pom and ivy files one day, is this possible ?
> Can the translation of organisation names be avoided in another way so the
> m2compatible can be set to true ...

Maybe create a separate ivy repository dedicated for ivy files, and
pair it up with a m2compatible artifact repository, using a dual
resolver.

Also the namespace mapping support might be worth looking into:
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/configuration/namespaces.html

HTH.
--
Jing Xue