Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Joshua Kramer <jo...@globalherald.net> on 2009/05/26 01:28:07 UTC

Repeating Elements?

Hello,

How can I specify repeating elements in a thrift spec?

For example if I'm using Google Protocol Buffers, I can do this:

message demoMesssage {
    required string myIdentifier = 1;
    optional string myDatum = 2;
    repeated string myList = 3;
}

In this case, I can have zero or more strings in myList.  In the root
object (Python, C++, etc) it is specified as an array.  How might I
represent that message in Thrift-speak?

Cheers,
-Josh

Re: Repeating Elements?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Use a list?  Or am I missing the point entirely?

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve