Posted to user@hive.apache.org by mahender bigdata <Ma...@outlook.com> on 2016/04/05 22:49:46 UTC

Re: Best way of Unpivoting of hiva table data. Any Analytic function for unpivoting

Hi Adrew,

Sorry for delay in response. currently I'm using Select with Union :-) .
I would like to know is there any Built-in Hive UDF available for
unpivoting .

Posted by "Markovitz, Dudu" <dm...@paypal.com>.
You can do something like this:

select id,key,value from my_table lateral view explode (map('fname',first_name,'lname',last_name)) t;

Given the following table:

id, first_name,last_name
______________________
1,Dudu,Markovitz