Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Penmatsa, Vinay" <vi...@sap.com> on 2014/01/02 16:55:34 UTC

Limit payload by size

Hi,
I want to limit the xml payload size received by REST service (dispatcher based). In the CXF documentation, I see that there's a DepthRestrictingStreamInterceptor that works on element counts, but is there something built-in that looks at size of payload?
Or do I have to implement it as suggested in http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/SOAP-Payload-size-in-a-request-td562620.html

Thanks,
Vinay

Re: Limit payload by size

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
If using XML that would go through the StaxInInterceptor for parsing, there are other settings that can limit the size.  See:

http://cxf.apache.org/docs/security.html#Security-ControllingLargeRequestPayloads

For other cases, you would need to write a simple InputStreamFilter.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: Limit payload by size

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yes, the size of the payload will need to be checked manually. I guess
you can replace an InputStream with the filter stream which will check a
number of bytes read

Cheers, Sergey