Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org> on 2017/07/01 15:20:42 UTC

[VOTE] Apache OpenNLP 1.8.1 Release Candidate

The Apache OpenNLP PMC would like to call for a Vote on Apache OpenNLP 1.8.1
Release Candidate.

The Release artifacts can be downloaded from:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheopennlp-1014/org/apache/opennlp/opennlp-distr/1.8.1/

The release was made from the Apache OpenNLP 1.8.1 tag at

https://github.com/apache/opennlp/tree/opennlp-1.8.1

To use it in a maven build set the version for opennlp-tools or opennlp-uima
to 1.8.1

and add the following URL to your settings.xml file:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheopennlp-1014

The artifacts have been signed with the Key - D3541808 found at

http://people.apache.org/keys/group/opennlp.asc

Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache OpenNLP 1.8.1. The vote is

open for the next 72 hours *ending on Monday, July 3 11AM EST *.

Only votes from OpenNLP PMC are binding, but folks are welcome to check the

release candidate and voice their approval or disapproval. The vote passes

if at least three binding +1 votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release the packages as Apache OpenNLP 1.8.1

[ ] -1 Do not release the packages because...

Thanks again to all the committers and contributors for their work
over the past
few weeks.

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenNLP 1.8.1 Release Candidate

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
Here's my +1 binding

1. Verified the sigs and hashsums
2. Ran a clean build of {src} * {zip, tar} and all unit tests pass
3. Verified RAT check

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much for that info. We reverted the change we did to
the sentence detector and will do this in a release after 1.8.1.

RC 2 is now available.

Jörn

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
Cancelling this VOTE and will push out another release candidate soon,
uncovered an issue with SentenceDetect wherein the default EOS is \n if a
model already doesn't have EOS chars set.

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
Here's my +1 binding