Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Ollier, John" <j....@rfc.ucl.ac.uk> on 2003/10/13 18:41:30 UTC

Unable to get transformer handler

Hi

I am new to Cocoon and Lenya. I have just installed both and I am trying to
get the examples working to get an idea of what Lenya can do.

I can navigate to one of the example publications say:
http://localhost:8080/lenya/unipublic/introduction.html

But when I try to get to the Editor View (
http://localhost:8080/lenya/unipublic/authoring/index.html ) I get the
following error:

An Error Occurred
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException
Unable to get transformer handler for
xslt/front/authoring/main.xslorg.apache.cocoon.
ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler for
xslt/front/authoring/main.xsl:
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in creating
Transform Handlerorg.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException:
Unable to create templates for stylesheet:
file:/C:/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.12/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/unipublic/xslt/front
/authoring/main.xslOriginal
Exception: org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception
in creating Transform Handler at
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.getTransformerHandlerAndVali
dity(XSLTProcessorImpl.java:380) at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.setup(TraxTransformer.java:
302) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.setupPipeli
ne(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:394) at

I am using the latest Lenya from CVS and Cocoon 2.1.2 with Java 1.4.2 on
Windows 2000.

Any idea where I am going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

John

Re: Unable to get transformer handler

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Ollier, John wrote:

[...]
> I can navigate to one of the example publications say:
> http://localhost:8080/lenya/unipublic/introduction.html

What about the other publications, e.g., the default publication?

> file:/C:/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.12

We recommend using Tomcat 4.1.27.

The error is probably caused by the endorsed libraries.
On Windows, you need a more recent Xalan for some
publications. You could try the latest nightly build of
Xalan.

HTH,
Andreas

Re: Unable to get transformer handler

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Ollier, John wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am new to Cocoon and Lenya. I have just installed both and I am trying to
> get the examples working to get an idea of what Lenya can do.
>
> I can navigate to one of the example publications say:
> http://localhost:8080/lenya/unipublic/introduction.html

the "unipublic" publication is currently the least maintained, although
I will try to update it.

But maybe it's better if you try the "blog" or the "default" publication
for the moment.

Thanks

Michael

> But when I try to get to the Editor View (
> http://localhost:8080/lenya/unipublic/authoring/index.html ) I get the
> following error:
>
> An Error Occurred
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException
> Unable to get transformer handler for
> xslt/front/authoring/main.xslorg.apache.cocoon.
> ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler for
> xslt/front/authoring/main.xsl:
> org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in creating
> Transform Handlerorg.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException:
> Unable to create templates for stylesheet:
> file:/C:/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.12/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/unipublic/xslt/front
> /authoring/main.xslOriginal
> Exception: org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception
> in creating Transform Handler at
> org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.getTransformerHandlerAndVali
> dity(XSLTProcessorImpl.java:380) at
> org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.setup(TraxTransformer.java:
> 302) at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.setupPipeli
> ne(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:394) at
>
> I am using the latest Lenya from CVS and Cocoon 2.1.2 with Java 1.4.2 on
> Windows 2000.
>
> Any idea where I am going wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> John

Michael Wechner
Wyona Ltd.  -   Open Source Content Management   -   Apache Lenya