Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2012/08/14 19:46:28 UTC

Two new stats graphs: ooo-dev subscribers and committers

http://www.openoffice.org/stats/ooo-dev-subscribers.html

and

http://www.openoffice.org/stats/committers.html

I'm getting the hang of this, so if there is any other data that is
easy to extract on a regular basis, I can make charts for these.

The technical requirement is that they need to be formed into a CSV
file with each row like this:

iso-date, data-1, data-2,....data-n

For example see this data file:
http://www.openoffice.org/stats/aoo34-downloads.txt

If there are multiple data points for each date, they can be displayed
on the same or separate charts.

Any suggestions?

Bug find/fix rates?

Forum posts/subscribers?

Commits?

Regards,

-Rob

Re: Two new stats graphs: ooo-dev subscribers and committers

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <rg...@geek.net>.
On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 2:37 AM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.openoffice.org/stats/ooo-dev-subscribers.html
> >>
> >> and
> >>
> >> http://www.openoffice.org/stats/committers.html
> >>
> >> I'm getting the hang of this, so if there is any other data that is
> >> easy to extract on a regular basis, I can make charts for these.
> >>

> OK.  I fixed the typos that Andrea noted.
>

> > These are great! What can we do to make them more easy to find?
> >

> Maybe we can turn the main ooo/stats/index.html page into a directory
> of stats, each one on its own page?
>
> But then the stats project is not prominently linked either.  But
> there are ways we can fix that as well. If we can get a few good stats
> pages up it might even be worth having a blog post on them.

While the Apache Allura podling is just started <
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/allura.html>, some developers of the
LibreSoft and FLOSSMetrics fame manifested interest in extending the forge
with tools to compute/show metrics.

I'll keep you updated on how it goes on, maybe Apache Allura could help AOO
to extract and visualize some interesting stats.

Roberto

--
====

Re: Two new stats graphs: ooo-dev subscribers and committers

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rob,
>   It is a great idea to put the CSV files to Subversion!
>   Attached is the file I created for issue created and fixed, taking
> 2011-06-01 as starting point, and counting all the issue types in.
>   Please check if you have any comments or suggestion.

Here it is:  http://www.openoffice.org/stats/defects.html

If you have a better description you can edit the HTML to add it.

-Rob

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Rob,

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Rob,

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 14/08/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
> http://www.openoffice.org/stats/ooo-dev-subscribers.html
> and
> http://www.openoffice.org/stats/committers.html

Nice! The first one has a few incorrect references to "Committers" in
the page <title> tag and in the chart axis. But for the rest it's very
good and it shows impressive progress.

Regards,
   Andrea.