Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Jens Geyer <je...@apache.org> on 2020/02/28 18:45:33 UTC

Proposal: No merges until we have a green CI again

Hi all,

I'd like to activate a temporary policy to not merge any patches or PRs
other than for the purpose of having Travis green again. AppVeyor semes to
be fixed after I reverted a few merges and fixed some stuff myself. But due
to the Rust problem Travis still fails, so that would be the next problem to
approach IMHO. I just posted a comment at the ticket, hoping that the Thrift
Rust people will pick up and do what's necessary.

Next will be probably the strange JS message "TypeError: fs.copyFileSync is
not a function" that appears for a while now.

* THRIFT-5111     CI fails with error[E0721]: `await` is a keyword in the
2018 edition
* THRIFT-5120    TypeError: fs.copyFileSync is not a function

I marked all relevant tickets as blocker in JIRA, there are more than just
these two. For example, the Python2/3 conflict is still unsolved as well,
AFAIK.

Have fun,
JensG

Re: Proposal: No merges until we have a green CI again

Posted by Allen George <al...@gmail.com>.
 I think that makes sense, Jens -

My hope is to start looking at this Sunday.

Thank you,
Allen

On February 28, 2020 at 13:45:32, Jens Geyer (jensg@apache.org) wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to activate a temporary policy to not merge any patches or PRs
br/>other than for the purpose of having Travis green again. AAppVeyor
semes to br/>be fixed after I reverted a few merges and fixeed some stuff
myself. But due br/>to the Rust problem Travis still faails, so that would
be the next problem to br/>approach IMHO. I just posted a comment at the
ticket, hoping that the Thrift br/>Rust peopple will pick up and do what's
necessary.

Next will be probably the strange JS message "TypeError: fs.copyFileSync is
br/>not a function"" that appears for a while now.

* THRIFT-5111 CI fails with error[E0721]: `await` is a keyword in the
br/>2018 edition <
* THRIFT-5120 TypeError: fs.copyFileSync is not a function

I marked all relevant tickets as blocker in JIRA, there are more than just
br/>these two. FFor example, the Python2/3 conflict is still unsolved as
well, br/>AFFAIK.

Have fun,
JensG