Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com> on 2003/02/27 05:29:48 UTC

Re: Scripts and HTML docs in the same directory (+ modperl newbie experiences)

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 23:16, Mark James wrote:
> One question: Prior to using mod_perl I was able to have
> unsuffixed scripts and .html files residing together in the
> server root directory by using Apache's "Files" directive to
> force the scripts to be executed: e.g.
>
>      <Files db>
>              ForceType application/x-httpd-cgi
>      </Files>
>
> I can't seem to do this with mod_perl because I now have to use
> a SetHandler directive on the directory

You should be able to do the SetHandler inside a Files directive just
like you did with ForceType.  Have you tried that?

- Perrin

Re: Scripts and HTML docs in the same directory (+ modperl newbie experiences)

Posted by Mark James <mr...@bigpond.net.au>.
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> You should be able to do the SetHandler inside a Files directive just
> like you did with ForceType.  Have you tried that?

Thanks Perrin, that worked.  I didn't think SetHandler directives
were allowed in Files sections, because it's not listed in the SetHandler
docs (http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#sethandler), unlike
ForceType docs (http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#forcetype)

Stas Bekman wrote:
 > Set the normal behavior per dir/location and then override for specific
 > files

Stas' solution would therefore work as well.

Mark