Posted to user@storm.apache.org by ln...@seznam.cz on 2017/05/10 12:06:11 UTC

Logging configuration - best practices

Hi,
What are best practices for log4j configuration?
Is there any other option than manually editing worker.xml on each machine ?

We would like to have the configuration to be part of our jar file OR send
it to workers when submiting topology.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Lukas

Re: Logging configuration - best practices

Posted by Antoine Tran <an...@thales-services.fr>.
I think logging config should be independant of your JAR. You can adapt
worker.xml to add appender to whatever you like, or use filebeat to read
supervisors logs (but it lacks DEBUG by default, configured in worker.xml).

--
My THALES email is antoine.tran@thales-services.fr.
+33 (0)5 62 88 84 40