Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gemes Tibor <ti...@i-trade.hu> on 2003/04/14 15:21:30 UTC

Re: CompressionFilter

Leonid i'rta:

>I tried using the CompressionFilter from Tomcat examples.
>And the filter works well on jsp and servlet but it doesn't compress any
>other(.js .htm ...)
>
>Is there way to compress every responce?

what url pattern did you assign to your filter?

Tib

Re: CompressionFilter

Posted by Leonid <le...@srl.co.il>.
url pattern is /*

I found that the compression is done only if response is of type
HTTPServletResponse:

 if (response instanceof HttpServletResponse) {...

So may be it's normal that HTML and JS files are not compressed ?

Besides I don't know how I can check in Tomcat if compression is really done
.
There is no httpreequest log.

Thanks.