Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Shibu Thomas <sh...@microsoft.com> on 2012/02/27 14:46:43 UTC

Error: Could not find or load main class com.cloudera.sqoop.Sqoop

Hi,
I was trying to run Sqoop using the command below using Microsoft Jdbc driver.

sqoop import --verbose --driver com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver --connect 'jdbc:sqlserver://localhost;username=Testuser;password=Pass1234;database=AdventureWorks' --table Address --target-dir /data/lineitemData --split-by '\t' -m 3

I am getting this error.
Error: Could not find or load main class com.cloudera.sqoop.Sqoop

Is there any configuration or setting that I am missing?

Thanks

Shibu Thomas
MSCIS-IS
Office :  +91 (40) 669 32660
Mobile: +91 95811 51116

Re: Error: Could not find or load main class com.cloudera.sqoop.Sqoop

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Shibu,

What version of Sqoop and Hadoop are you using? Please make sure that you
do not have any extraneous environment setting such as SQOOP_CONF_DIR etc.
By default all you need to run Sqoop is HADOOP_HOME and nothing else.

Also, don't forget to copy the JDBC driver in the Sqoop lib directory.

Thanks,
Arvind Prabhakar

Posted by anil gupta <an...@buffalo.edu>.
Hi,

Can you run the same with --verbose option and share the logs.

Thanks,
Anil

--
Thanks & Regards,