Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Mikko Hämäläinen <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2003/07/25 13:03:47 UTC

Configuring several users and their permissions with Slide

Is there any limitations to the nuber of users set in the tomcat-users.xml? I plan to use the servlet container for authenticating the users (as described in here: http://faq.globalvision.com.au/cgi-bin/fom?_recurse=1&file=47#file_26 ), but the number of users will be something around several thousands.. Or should I use some other way?

I'm also curious about configuring the user permissions in Domain.xml, because of the large nuber of users.. I haven't really been able to find any good documentation on configuring these files (not counting the original example, which came with the slide), or how to configure Slide with several users.. If anyone can pass me a link to a good documentation or examples on the subject I'd be grateful.

Cheers
Mikko Hämäläinen

Espoon-Vantaan teknillinen ammattikorkeakoulu - EVTEK