Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Maxim Muzafarov <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/05 10:36:05 UTC

Permissions on wiki to publish a new design document (new rebalance approach)

Igniters,

Can anyone grant create\edit permissions on the Apache Ignite confluence
wiki?

My Confluence ID: mmuzaf
e-mail: maxmuzaf@gmail.com

I would like to contribute a design document related to the JIRA issue [1]
I'm working on. Briefly, I'm trying to implement a new machinery of
fetching cache partitions and sending them via CommunicationSpi as files.
From my point, such public design document and public discussions with the
community are very important for such improvements.

My measurements of expected speed up on cache rebalancing:
Single cache size - 224Gb

rebalanceBatchSize - 512K
rebalanceThreadPool - 1
time - 5881 sec\98 min
speed - 39MB/s

rebalanceBatchSize - 512K
rebalanceThreadPool - 20
time - 1281 sec\21 min
speed - 179MB/s

High highwater mark expected by a new approach:
time - 859 sec\14 min
speed - 267MB/s (disk utilization 100%)
ration - x6

Maxim Muzafarov

Re: Permissions on wiki to publish a new design document (new rebalance approach)

Posted by Maxim Muzafarov <ma...@gmail.com>.
Dmitry,

I've checked and it seems that I have everything I need.
Thank you very much!

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maxim,