Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by "Mattier, Ricardo" <Ri...@bcbsma.com> on 2008/02/21 19:27:35 UTC

Adding a new user

Hello
   I'm looking find out how to add a new wiki user.  I log into the wiki
as "admin", then go to my prefs --> profile and add the user
information, but some reason the user is not added to the
userdatabase.xml file.  The permissions are open.  Is there something
else I'm missing?

-RM

This message is a PRIVATE communication.
If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy
or use it and do not disclose it to others.  Please notify the
sender of the delivery error by replying to this message and then
delete from your system.  Thank you.

RE: Adding a new user

Posted by "Mattier, Ricardo" <Ri...@bcbsma.com>.
Thanks Janne,
   That answered my question.

-RM

I think the problem is that you're already logged in.  The "create new
user" feature is meant for user self-registration!

If you want to add users as an admin, you should use the Admin.jsp (/
<wiki>/admin/Admin.jsp).

/Janne

RE: Adding a new user

Posted by "Mattier, Ricardo" <Ri...@bcbsma.com>.
Is it possible to access the admin/Admin.jsp page within jspwiki if
you're an admin, or do you just authenticate, then change the url to
point to admin/Admin.jsp?

-RM

Re: Adding a new user

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.