Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jeff Greif <jg...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2007/11/06 18:32:29 UTC

WSDL-document indirection in ServiceClient

WSDL4J provides the WSDLLocator interface to provide an extensible
mechanism for providing WSDL content.  This would be helpful for
situations in which WSDL content must be provided from some unusual
repository such as a database or custom dispatching or generating
mechanism.

However, when org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient instances are
created for a particular service, they require either a URL for the wsdl
or an already-parsed Definition.  Adding an additional constructor which
takes a WSDLLocator as an argument and being able to pass that argument
through to the AxisService.createClientSideAxisService() method that
actually cracks the WSDL, would be beneficial.

If there is some interest beyond my own in having this capability, I'm
can probably contribute it.

Jeff