Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2008/02/21 08:03:15 UTC

should Archiva talk about requesting to become a top level project?

The discussions this week have been pretty healthy, releases going
smoothly, and there is user and developer interest.

Today, Continuum has graduated to be a top level project and I feel
Archiva is well on track. What do others think?

BTW, SVN lists the following committers (snipped a couple of inactive
ones):
aheritier
bayard
bellingard
brett
carlos
dennisl
epunzalan
evenisse
jmcconnell
joakime
jtolentino
nicolas
oching
wsmoak

There is both good numbers and diversity here. Though some have not
committed in a while, many are participating in the dev list so I do
feel like there's enough oversight to move forward. Is there anything
out of date in that list?

Is there anyone lurking that is looking to get involved but not sure
how? :)

Cheers,
Brett

Re: should Archiva talk about requesting to become a top level project?

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> The discussions this week have been pretty healthy, releases going
> smoothly, and there is user and developer interest.
>
> Today, Continuum has graduated to be a top level project and I feel
> Archiva is well on track. What do others think?

definitely +1 :)

-deng

Re: should Archiva talk about requesting to become a top level project?

Posted by Fabrice Bellingard <be...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:03 AM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> Today, Continuum has graduated to be a top level project and I feel
> Archiva is well on track. What do others think?

+1
Fabrice

Re: should Archiva talk about requesting to become a top level project?

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
> The discussions this week have been pretty healthy, releases going
> smoothly, and there is user and developer interest.
>
> Today, Continuum has graduated to be a top level project and I feel
> Archiva is well on track. What do others think?

+1

Emmanuel

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 12:03 AM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> The discussions this week have been pretty healthy, releases going
>  smoothly, and there is user and developer interest.
>
>  Today, Continuum has graduated to be a top level project and I feel
>  Archiva is well on track. What do others think?

+1

Lots of activity all around Maven-land lately. :)

--
Wendy

Re: should Archiva talk about requesting to become a top level project?

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
+1

Arnaud

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 7:27 PM, Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com> wrote:

> Here's my +1
>
> Initially I was a little skeptical that we could pull off a TLP, I had
> this feeling that we hadn't yet reached the level of interest and
> participation that Continuum has, but since this email I've been reading
> the comments about Archiva online from people using / installing it.
>
> Wow, are people talking about it.  So far it's mostly positive. yay!
> (Congrats everyone!)
>
> Example: Maven Repository Manager - why we chose Archiva
>
> http://java.dzone.com/blogs/mrjohnsmart/2008/02/19/maven-repository-managers-why-
>
> So, with this week of study, I feel that my own critical view of Archiva
> of today is just flat out wrong.
> Can it improve? Sure.
> Does it work? Very well.
> It is perfect? Does it matter? after all what software is perfect? (with
> the exception of maybe unix /bin/true and /bin/false)
>
> Looking forward to the TLP.  Lets do it.
>
> - Joakim
>

> Brett Porter wrote:
> > The discussions this week have been pretty healthy, releases going
> > smoothly, and there is user and developer interest.
> >
> > Today, Continuum has graduated to be a top level project and I feel
> > Archiva is well on track. What do others think?
> >
> > BTW, SVN lists the following committers (snipped a couple of inactive
> > ones):
> > aheritier
> > bayard
> > bellingard
> > brett
> > carlos
> > dennisl
> > epunzalan
> > evenisse
> > jmcconnell
> > joakime
> > jtolentino
> > nicolas
> > oching
> > wsmoak
> >
> > There is both good numbers and diversity here. Though some have not
> > committed in a while, many are participating in the dev list so I do
> > feel like there's enough oversight to move forward. Is there anything
> > out of date in that list?
> >
> > Is there anyone lurking that is looking to get involved but not sure
> > how? :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Brett
> >

> --
> - Joakim Erdfelt
>  joakim@erdfelt.com
>  Open Source Software (OSS) Developer

Arnaud HERITIER
OCTO Technology - aheritier AT octo DOT com
www.octo.com | blog.octo.com
ASF - aheritier AT apache DOT org
www.apache.org | maven.apache.org

Re: should Archiva talk about requesting to become a top level project?

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.
Here's my +1

Posted by Rahul Thakur <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: should Archiva talk about requesting to become a top level project?

Posted by Rahul Thakur <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: should Archiva talk about requesting to become a top level project?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 21/02/2008, at 8:07 PM, Ben Lidgey wrote:

> [...]

Cool :)

Well, these are the best ways to get involved right now:
- submit patches for 1.0.2 (or other) issues: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=10980&fixfor=14052
- participate in the discussion about 1.1 as start implementing some
of those features
- help users on the users@ list
- or anything else you think would be helpful to you using it :)

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

RE: should Archiva talk about requesting to become a top level project?

Posted by Ben Lidgey <be...@inuknetworks.com>.

Ben

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that any use, dissemination, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.