Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stephane Spahni <st...@hcuge.ch> on 2002/11/15 15:31:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Terminating http also kills other processes

Hello,

I have an application that is started through a web page (cgi-bin).
Everything works fine until I stop the httpd, which then sends a SIGTERM
to my application's process.

I there a way to avoid that ? I am running 1.3 under Solaris 7 & 8.

Thanks for any suggestion !

Stephane

PS: I cannot make my application ignore SIGTERM, as it is used for a graceful
    shutdown.

Dr. Sc. Stephane Spahni                 Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve
eMail: <St...@hcuge.ch>       Division d'informatique medicale (DIM)
Tel: (+41 22) 372 62 78                 24 rue Micheli-du-Crest
Fax: (+41 22) 372 61 98                 CH-1211 Geneve 4

Re: [users@httpd] Terminating http also kills other processes

Posted by Jacob Coby <jc...@listingbook.com>.
> I have an application that is started through a web page (cgi-bin).
> Everything works fine until I stop the httpd, which then sends a SIGTERM
> to my application's process.
>
> I there a way to avoid that ? I am running 1.3 under Solaris 7 & 8.

Your application will have to detach itself from the caller ('become a
daemon').

-Jacob