Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ma...@yahoo.com on 2007/04/01 19:34:35 UTC

Re: can anyone recommended books which will help me learn Struts 2

Do you have any idea about who maintains the documentation.  I am new to
struts, and started with Struts 2.
The examples pages on the validation section are all broken. Whom should
I contact for this?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
On 4/1/07, Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- mansour77@yahoo.com wrote:
> > That's exactly what I was talking about. I can not
> > follow the tutorial or the example if there's a page
>
> > missing or a piece of code that is missing.
>
> I haven't noticed any issues in the tutorial.
> Hopefully these new snippet issues will be fixed ASAP.

The snippet was trying to include an XML file, but referred to the
java folder insead of the resources folder.

<validators>
	<validator type="expression">
		<param name="expression"><![CDATA[ ( (someText == someTextRetype) &&
(someTextRetype == someTextRetypeAgain) ) ]]></param>
		<message><![CDATA[ all three text must be exactly the same ]]></message>
	</validator>
</validators>

HTH, Ted.
<http://husted.com/ted/blog/>

Re: can anyone recommended books which will help me learn Struts 2

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- mansour77@yahoo.com wrote:
> That's exactly what I was talking about. I can not
> follow the tutorial or the example if there's a page

> missing or a piece of code that is missing.

I haven't noticed any issues in the tutorial.
Hopefully these new snippet issues will be fixed ASAP.

In the meantime, if you have specific (or even fairly
general) questions, feel free to ask; *somebody* on
the list probably knows :)

d.

Re: can anyone recommended books which will help me learn Struts 2

Posted by ma...@yahoo.com.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Which pages are you having trouble with? Starting from the main
validation page:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/validation.html

I tried a random selection of links and all worked fine.

L.