Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2015/03/20 16:24:28 UTC

Remembering to document stuff

Hi,

I noticed that some of our feature work tends to be way ahead of the
documentation and samples that we have.

I've been thinking about how to make clear what the documentation
deficit is. One option (a) is to create separate Jira issues for each
completed and not documented feature. Another (b) is to flag such issues
with a documentation_needed ( and maybe sample_needs_updating ) flag
which is removed when the documentation is updated ( or sample updated
) .

I would tend to say that (b) is the most light-weight and would lean
towards it.

Thoughts?

Robert

Re: Remembering to document stuff

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert,

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 4:24 PM, Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Another (b) is to flag such issues
> with a documentation_needed ( and maybe sample_needs_updating ) flag
> which is removed when the documentation is updated ( or sample updated
> ) ...

Sounds good to me, and it's good then to also include a comment in the
ticket about what changes make sense.

-Bertrand