Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Dmitry Zamula <cl...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/04 17:42:15 UTC

Openlaszlo interaction

Hello, guys!

I have a problem with OpenLaszlo. Can you explain me in simple steps, how
to organize interaction between openlaszlo and java? I have read about
openlaszlo, and learn, that all logic implements in javascript, and have no
ideas about interaction with java.

Maybe you can suggest me openlaszlo files, responsible for displaying swf,
which contain converted document, after executing JodConverter?

My alleged steps in task of displaying converted html:

1. Convert doc to html

2. Create temp folder, and put html inside.

3. Modify frontend – push event, to change visibility of “<view>” element
and modify “src” attribute in “<html>” element in openlaszlo.

4. After closing this element in whiteboard, push event, to change
visibility of “<view>”.

So, I do not know how to organize interactions in steps 3 and 4.

I would be very grateful for the tips for these tasks.
--
Best Regards,
*Dmitry Zamula*

Saint-Petersburg, Russia
UTC/GMT +4 hours

Mobile phone:    +7 (904) 646-9254
Skype Id:          brantner_ru
E-mail:              club.brantner@gmail.com

Re: Openlaszlo interaction

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
2. Create temp folder, and put html inside.
This will create security hole (any user, even not logged into OM will be
able to download it)

Currently flash interacts with java using
1) using calls to java functions
2) using WebServices

Sebastian told me we need to use 2nd way in the future to easier migrate to
html5.

The example of the 1st way is:
/Openmeetings/WebContent/src/modules/admin/languageseditor/fieldValueForm.lzx
saveOrUpdateLabel

can be called like: saveOrUpdateLabel.doCall();
in ondata handler you can work with the result returned by java function

The example of 2nd way is:
/Openmeetings/WebContent/src/modules/lzcalendar/lzCalendar.lzx
getAppointmentReminderTypList.doRequest(); //perform request to the REST
CalendarService and works with Output as dataset

For me it was easier to work with calls of 1st type since working with
it requires less lines of code

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Dmitry Zamula <cl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello, guys!
>

> I have a problem with OpenLaszlo. Can you explain me in simple steps, how
> to organize interaction between openlaszlo and java? I have read about
> openlaszlo, and learn, that all logic implements in javascript, and have no
> ideas about interaction with java.
>
> Maybe you can suggest me openlaszlo files, responsible for displaying swf,
> which contain converted document, after executing JodConverter?
>

> My alleged steps in task of displaying converted html:
>
> 1. Convert doc to html
>
> 2. Create temp folder, and put html inside.
>
> 3. Modify frontend – push event, to change visibility of “<view>” element
> and modify “src” attribute in “<html>” element in openlaszlo.
>
> 4. After closing this element in whiteboard, push event, to change
> visibility of “<view>”.
>

> So, I do not know how to organize interactions in steps 3 and 4.
>
> I would be very grateful for the tips for these tasks.
> --
> Best Regards,
> *Dmitry Zamula*
>
> Saint-Petersburg, Russia