Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Steve Blom <st...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/09 19:40:14 UTC

Key/Value setting

Hi,
I'm trying to put contents into a map object like so:
<people>
  <person id="Jon">
  </person>
  <person id="Sue">
  </person>
<people>
I have a person object, that i want to store in a map
with the key being the person id. Is this possible? I
think I'm close, but missing on something.
digester.setObjectCreate("people", java.util.HashMap);
digester.setObjectCreate("people/person",
bean.Person.class);
digester.setCallMethod("people/person", "put", 2);
digester.setCallParam("people/person", 0, "id");
digester.setCallParam("people/person", 1); ?

The id is set right, but the object value isn't. What
am i missing?
Thanks - Steve